mardi 12 janvier 2010

Journey Home IV (written 21/12/2009)

I won't make this longer than it needs to : I made it home safely at 5:30 Sunday morning. Basically, when we arrived at Calais, it was heavily snowing and the highway was terrible !!! What should have taken us 2 and a half hours took us 3 and a half hours. Could have been worse as the snow stopped at some point and the roads were being cleared by the special machine. So we drove, didn't stop until we got home and god, wasn't I happy to be home ?! We are now going to go to the Eurostar centre point in the Central Train Station and ask about refunds and everything. I did get someone on the phone today and they said I would get total refund and a free ticket at least, we are going to ask about my train ticket to Dover and the ferry fares (I mean, 300€ is a lot !!). Though, for the way I (and all the other passengers) were treated in London, they better pay !!! (We saw on the news today that Eurostar was going to refund all their customers and also repay all of their expenses, so that's not too bad, pretty good I may say).

I think my blog, during the christmas break, will probably be about what is said on the belgian news, haha. I have to say, I'd like to get more information about the Auschwitz sign stolen (who would want to steal a "arbeit macht frei" sign ? I know I wouldn't !!) and also maybe Copenhagen, what happened there was quite a disgrace. So ... well ... I guess you'll have to continue reading me (who am I talking to, anyway ? I know Chris reads my blog, but that must be the extent of my audience haha —no offense Chris !) even throughout the break.

Have a merry Christmas if I don't post anything until then.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire